Compared with the reinforced concrete structure. The portal steel frame has the advantages of a lightweight, high rigidity, flexible design, reasonable force, and convenient construction.
The composition of Portal Steel Frame Buildings
- Primary framing: transverse rigid frames (including middle and end rigid framing), floor beams, crane beams, support systems, etc.
2. Secondary framing: roof purlin and wall girt, etc.
3. Envelope structure: roof and wall panels;
4. Auxiliary structures: stairs, platforms, handrails, etc .;
Steel columns, roof beams, and bracing systems constitute the primary force skeleton of the portal steel frame. It is the primary framing.
Roof purlins and wall girt not only support the roof and walls but also provide lateral support for the main structural beams and columns, which form the secondary framing of portal steel frame buildings.
The roof and wall panel serves as envelope and closure of the entire structure, while also increasing the overall stiffness of the steel buildings.
The structural system of the portal steel frame buildings:
1.Transverse load-bearing structure:
- The composition of the transverse load-bearing structure includes steel roof beams, steel columns, and foundation);
2)Transverse load-bearing structure supports and transfers vertical and horizontal loads.
2. Longitudinal Frame Structure :
- Composition of longitudinal frame structure includes longitudinal columns, crane beams, wall bracing, rigid tie beam and foundation)
2)Ensure the longitudinal rigidity and stability of the buildings;
3)Transmit and bear the longitudinal wind load, the longitudinal horizontal loading of the crane, the thermal stress, and the seismic acting on the gable at the end of the building and roof.
3. Roof structure
- Roof panel: It can bear the vertical load and horizontal wind load acting on the roof panel. Generally, it uses a single color metal sheet or sandwich panel.
2)Purlin: Support structure of roof panel, which can bear the vertical load and horizontal wind load transmitted from reading more….